Monday, April 7, 2014

New Music Monday meet Project: Out of Bounds

New Music Monday meet Project: Out of Bounds





Project: Out of Bound s (POB)is a hard hitting reggae fusion band out of San Diego.  As their name suggests, they are pushing the limits and boundaries of today's Reggae scene, and world perspective in general.  A self proclaimed “progressive reggae fusion” band, they are an eclectic bunch with musical influences ranging with everything from Bad Brains, Deftones, Buju Banton, Bob Marley, Eek-A-Mouse, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, Cypress Hill, Slightly Stoopid, Ice Cube, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Miles Davis...and the list goes on.


For the members of POB, being “Out of Bounds” means being free.  Having no rules, no boundaries.  Being outside of “the game” (“the game” being life).  Truly living, means playing music, and you can hear it in every song they play.


I have been listening to POB’s new album “Love Tone” pretty much non stop since we received it at the end of Feb.   The “Love Tone” intro, “Darlin’” and “Boom Bye Bye” are always in my head and my favorite songs on the album. I cant help but sing and shake my booty, even sitting down.  I can definfitly hear the myriad of musical influences that went into this album (as illustrated by the awesome graphic below).


Project: Out of Bounds has “a desire to inspire”, and they have definitely inspired me.  As i sit here writing this, I have “Love Tone” blasting in my speakers, my kids are dancing, and I am singing. If that doesn't qualify as inspiration, I don't know what does.


Project: Out of Bounds is playing in the 831 twice this week.  Weds night (4/9) you can find them at The Reef Bar and Restaurant in Santa Cruz, and Thurs(4/10) you can catch them at our very own 831 presents show here in Monterey at Cannery Row Brewing Co.  Show starts at 9 and is 21+.






POB is:

Kris Asgharzadeh - Vocals/Guitar
Austin Lorber - Guitar/Synth
Ryan Rutherford - Drums
Nate Jones - Bass
Evan Jones - Keys/Guitar
Jeff Hodson - Trombone/Vocals
Jack Taylor - Trumpet/Aux Percussion
Blaise Garza - Sax/Flute

You can find POB:



As always, thank you to our NMM Sponsors SkyHaus Studios in sunny Carmel Valley.







No comments:

Post a Comment